Keep in mind that it took YEARS to age and damage our skin. By the time we hit our late 20's & 30's we start to see the effects of sun damage on our skin. Sun causes 85-90% of our skin concerns and issues. Today millions of dollars have gone into the scientific & clinical research of skin & skin care products. We, in the Esthetics field, are now equipped with state of the art facial equipment, skin care products, and treatments to help turn back the hands of biology. With a, PROGRESSIVE vs AGGRESSIVE approach, quality/long lasting result are seen in as little as 3 months with monthly facial treatments and home care regiments.
Important Things To Remember
- Home care generates 80% of results
- Wear sunscreen, sunscreen, and sunscreen with a SPF of 30-45 is plenty sufficient, apply every 90 min when in the sun
- Choose a quality skin care line for your facial wash, moisturizer, and serums | Wal-Mart brands produce Wal-Mart results (if you are not getting the results you want from your current skin care line, time to choose another)
- Add antioxidants such as Vitamin C & E into daily regiments (antioxidants fight free radicals, free radicals cause skin damage)
- Exfoliation (chemical like a chemical peel or manual like a microdermabrasion treatment help speed up the skins rejuvenating process)
- Corrective serums (concentrated, usually active, ingredients target your individual skin concerns & needs), apply first, 2x a day
- Advanced facial equipment/therapies like: chemical peels, Micro-Current & Micro-Needling face therapy, can play a ENORMOUS roll in achieving your desired results
- Each individual has different skin care needs. All clients are affected by internal and external factors i.e.-sun exposure, nutrition, biology, genes. One thing we all have in common is we age, some fast some slow. By the age of 20 a person produces about 1% less collagen each year. By the age of 40 collagen is no longer produced. By the age of 60 40% of collagen is lost
What service should I choose???
CAN'T DECIDE ON A SPA SERVICE
click on the 'schedule now' below to book a FREE SKIN ANALYSIS at Meraki Skin Spa to narrow down the correct and appropriate spa service for you individual skin needs.
WHAT IS A CHEMICAL PEEL
HOW TO GET RID OF SPIDER VEINS
AKA "Dilated Capillaries" "
WHAT IS MICRO-CURRENT Face THERAPY
- Non-invasive (progressive) face lift "sit-ups for the face"
- Helps dry, dull, congested, dehydrated skin | slows down the generalized aging process | decreases fine and deep lines | helps eliminates toxins, like lymph, from the face | reduces symptoms of sinusitis | improves blood circulation
WHAT IS MICRO-NEEDLING (collagen induction) FACE THERAPY
- helps to stimulate the production of new collagen, elastin, skins connective tissue and structural matrix responsible for smooth texture/elasticity
- allows for active ingredients to penetrate into the 'epidermis' where they can begin to work quicker in the dermis
- firms skin (the cellulite look) | lessens rhytids (wrinkles) | reduces pore size | minimizes "ice pick" acne excoriee' marks | minimizes any scar | minimizes stretch marks | lessens appearance of sun damage | helps stimulate hair growth on scalp
WHAT IS DERMA-PLANING
Dangers of Indoor UVA & UVB Tanning
PLEASE GO SEE A DERMATOLOGIST, EVERY 6 MONTHS, SO THEY CAN CHECK YOUR BODY FOR SKIN CANCER